General Notes on Picking Your Tea Selection:
- Offer both caffeinated and decaf options (in case of sensitivities).
- For an event, pick teas that brew in the same temperature range for ease of serving.
Making a Pot:
- Heat filtered water (measure it first, or before pouring into the pot) to the correct temperature, depending on type of tea.
- Warm the teapot and the cups by filling with hot water for a minute, then dumping it out. Rinsing with hot water will also work.
- Place one teabag or one tablespoon loose leaves (in the strainer) per cup in the pot. (Some add “and one for the pot”, or might want more or less depending on how weak/strong they like their tea. Check for preferences.)
- Pour the hot water into the pot.
- Cover, and steep tea for the correct amount of time depending on the type of tea/preference.
- Remove teabags/strainer.
- Ask how they take it (milk, sugar, lemon, etc.). Ask first in case you need to leave room for additions like milk or hot water.
- Pour the tea.
- Provide the desired additions.
- Note: if you already know how they take their tea, they might prefer you put in milk/sugar/etc. first.