- Unlace boots.
- Clean with leather soap of choice and slightly damp cloth if needed.
- Make any needed repairs (clipping loose threads, etc.)
- Apply leather conditioner.
- Apply layers of polish (check the color match) as needed.
- Buff with horsehair brush.
- Dampen cloth slightly and apply thin layer of polish in circles. With a slightly damp cotton ball, apply circular shine. Repeat as needed.
- Relace boots in the same pattern as before.
- Dryer sheets placed in shoes when not in use can keep them smelling fresh.